In response to Covid19, and in order to create a safer environment for riders and drivers during their rides, all Zoom Ride drivers and riders (above the age of 2 years old,) are now required to wear a mask on all Zoom Ride trips. Zoom Ride has also changed the ride capacity limits. The capacity numbers given in each of the ride tier descriptions reflect these changes. Front seat riders are not allowed on any ride, on any of our ride tiers until further notice.
How do I request a ride?
- 1. Tap at the top of the screen where it says ‘Your Destination?’ to enter where you would like to go.
- 2. Choose your preferred ride type from the vehicles shown.
- 3. Click ‘Go’ to request a ride.
The Pickup location will automatically be set by your phone’s gps locator. This address is shown in the middle of the screen. Verify the pickup location is correct before you book. To change your pickup:
- 1. click on Change Pickup and type in the correct address.
- 2. The app will automatically recalculate the fare cost.
ZoomEco is the most common choice for riders. This is an economical and comfortable ride for up to 3 passengers.
ZoomPlus is the best choice if you need a bit more room. This ride type holds up to 5 passengers.
ZoomPremium is for those looking to ride in a mid-level luxury vehicle. This ride type holds up to 3 passengers.
ZoomBlack is for those looking to ride in a newer and higher end luxury vehicle. Black vehicles are black with black leather interior and hold up to 3 passengers.
ZoomBlackSUV is the highest ride tier. These newer luxury SUVs hold up to 5 passengers and are black with black leather interior.
For safety and insurance reasons, drivers cannot accept more riders than available seatbelts in the vehicle. If upon arrival at the pick-up location it is found that there are too many riders for the ride type, you may cancel and request the correct ride type. Even if the driver happens to have a vehicle that can hold your group, but you didn’t book under the correct type, you will need to cancel and order the correct size. The driver is only insured for the group size the trip was booked for. He/she cannot take more.
You will incur a cancellation fee to compensate the driver for the trip to the pick-up location.
No. For legality, ride payment, and security purposes, your driver account must list your legal name as listed on your license and vehicle documents. Riders will only be shown your first name.
You can add up to 1 stop during your ride. More than 1 stop will require booking an hourly ride. This option may save you $ while you run your errands! To add stops:
- 1. First enter the final destination as directed at the top of the screen
- 2. Click on the gray + next to the destination at the top that you just entered
- 3. Type in the stop address
- 4. Repeat the process to add another stop
- 5. Click the gray garbage icons next to the stops to delete/make corrections as needed
- 6. Be sure that the stops are shown in the correct order with the final drop off showing at the top next to the orange To
- 7. Complete the booking by selecting the other ride options as needed
- 8. Click “Go” to order
- 9. It is recommended that you verify the stops are entered correctly with the driver upon pickup.
Please Note: unless it is an hourly ride, the driver is only required to wait 4 minutes at a stop before ending the ride to be available for other trips. If you need more time per stop please book an hourly ride.
If you have any drivers added to your Favorite Driver List the app will automatically check to see if any of your favorite drivers are available in the area to take rides. If so, they will receive your ride request first. If none of your favorite drivers are available then the app will automatically send your request to another available driver nearby.